A gig by Welsh pop-punk band Neck Deep at Nottingham’s Rock City venue last night (October 9) ended after just two songs when violence erupted between the band and members of the security crew. The band claimed that “security had fucked it.

Contradictory reports from the band and promoters have emerged but what is certain is that Neck Deep quit the stage after their second song when a crowd-surfing member of the audience engaged in an altercation with security. Online footage of the incident shows that the band took the side of their fans and left the stage.

It is understood that fans refused to leave the venue and instead hurled abuse at security.

The band have yet to make a statement concerning the incident but a statement from Rock City owners DHP Family said: "We are currently still fully investigating the incident.

"It appears that the band took exception to the way the Rock City security were handling fans who were crowd surfing into the pit and attempting to get on stage.

"This unfortunately escalated into a physical confrontation between the band and the security staff. Having reviewed the CCTV footage and spoken to witnesses, it doesn't appear that the security staff were disproportionate in their response to the crowd surfing.

"We take the safety of our customers very seriously and constantly review our crowd management policy. Of course, we know how disappointing this has been for the fans who didn't get to see the band play. We hope to be able to make a further announcement on this shortly."

Student Dan Quinnell told the Nottingham Post: “It was a total mess. I was in shock, I didn't know what was going on. We all waited there after the band had left until the lights came on and they told us to leave."

Footage shows security engaged in an altercation with members of the audience as fans call them, “wankers”.


A fan called Lindsay tweeted:


Neck Deep have yet to make a response or statement concerning last night’s events.

from: http://www.gigwise.com/news