Found a few similar older threads and consequently some great music. Would love to hear your favorite new/lesser known artists at the moment. So much good music out there that one may never find. Love French Electro (esp Madeon), but any Electro House recommendations in general are appreciated.
Thanks a mil.
Power pop icon Matthew Sweet’s latest album, Tomorrow Forever involved some hard labor — but he’d probably say that, like all his projects, it brought some powerful lessons.
The Opal Collective are a group of artists putting on some and parties in Berlin, alongside a superbly curated guest-mix series called Patterns of Perception. I was lucky enough to be asked to contribute, alongside the likes of Refracted and Jamie McCue, from our friends at Silent Season, and many other great artists.
The mix focuses on atmosphere through ambient and techno, with some unexpected twists and turns, and you could say, even gets a little trancey… I wanted it to fit within the ethos and style that Patterns of Perception have curated, whilst also offering something a little different from the techno realm.
Hope you enjoy the journey.
01. Black Swan – Voodoo Crimes [Self]
02. Arovane – Electro-acoustic Session 13 [Self]
03. Graintable – Lunar Tides [Self]
04. Monolake – Cubicle [Imbalance Computer Music]
05. ASC – Raging Seas [Silent Season]
06. Lav & Purl – Altered States [Amone]
07. Roel Funcken – Android Robson [Funcken Industry]
08. Donato Dozzy – Quadra Sette [Bunker NY]
09. Luigi Tozzi – Mefite [Mental Modern]
10. Jens Uwe Beyer – Moonshine Tangerine [Kompakt]
11. Jesse Somfay – Can You See Me I’m Waving [Archipel]
12. nthng – It Never Ends [Lobster Theremin]
13. Tin Man – Glassy Acid [Global A]
14. Alessandro Cortini – Rimasta [Important Records]
15. Magic Mountain High – Smeared Texture [Air Texture]
16. Lord Of The Isles – Beatha [Firecracker Recordings]
Connecticut heartthrob “Notorious” Nick Newell (13-1) is taking his talents to Legacy Fighting Alliance. The 31-year-old announced earlier this week that he’s coming out of retirement for a chance to cement his legacy as one of the best …
Pop singer-songwriter Bonnie McKee premiered the music video for “Thorns” on Sept. 13. She goes on with her bad self in the retro clip.
“Thorns” is the lead single from McKee’s upcoming EP. It will be her first taste of new music since 2…
Drummer and composer Kate Gentile’s debut recording is making a New Jazz splash. PopMatters interviews her to get behind this new direction in improvised music.